Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Write Now: What Books Are In My Beach Bag





The beach is not a vacation without taking several books to read. When we go on our family vacation, my brother, Randall loves to give everyone titles similar to the superlatives you find in school annuals, but instead of most popular or most likely to succeed, his titles are things like most time at the beach, whines the most, drinks the most, finds the most seashells, shops the most, and mine is always reads the most books. They laugh at how many books I bring, but you just don't know what is going to interest you. Books with a beach as the setting are always wonderful with a cool drink beneath the large umbrella and the soft lapping of ocean waves against the shore.

Next week Karen White ("Sea Change") and Dorothea Benton Frank ("Porch Lights") will be coming to Spartanburg thanks to the HubCity Bookshop. I am looking forward to their readings. 

I've loved Claire Cook since first reading "Must Love Dogs.". And I know "Wallflower in Bloom" will be another great book. I just love how the women in her novels reinvent themselves. 

Sunset Beach, NC is very special to MaryBeth Whalen and I can't wait to read her latest novel, "The Guestbook."

Beach books have some of the most inviting covers. The most difficult part will be waiting to read these books since they will all be out before I go on vacation.





No comments:

Post a Comment