Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Dinner: Super Bowl Party

This is a first for the Sunday dinner crowd - a Super Bowl party. I'm not a big football fan, but my beau is. A couple of weeks ago he started asking everyone in the family if they wanted to come and watch the Super Bowl. Now my Dad and son are pretty big football fans. My sister-in-law and nephew are too, but as for the rest of us - not so much. I was surprised when everyone wanted to come. It just goes to show you that when you think you know your family, you can still be surprised.

We debated several ideas for tonight's menu and ultimately decided on meatball subs.

Meatballs are very easy to make. Ground beef, bread crumbs, an egg, garlic powder, and parsley. Form into ball shapes and bake at 350° until done. For the size meatballs I make, this turned out to be 25 minutes. I then added them to bottled marinara sauce and let it simmer on low in the crockpot.

So while half the family watched the Super Bowl - the other half played Quirkle, a fun board game which you try to match colors and shapes to obtain the most points. I lost by 1 point.

At half time my 10-year-old nephew, Ethan is loving it - the Ravens are his favorite team. I hope he made it home in time to see that 100+ yard touchdown.

Check back tomorrow when I'll be reviewing Julie Kibler's Calling Me Home, February's feature of the month for She Reads, where you'll find some great giveaways this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment