Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What is in the name?

The Kindred Spirit mailbox is located on Bird Island, which is at Sunset Beach in North Carolina. My family and I first went to Sunset Beach back in July of 2006. It was the mailbox that attracted me to this vacation zone. I read about it in an email from Proverbs 31. I thought how cool to have a mailbox back in the dunes. The mailbox is full of pens and journals. People come to write to the Kindred Spirit each year. To me it feels like sending a message to God. I feel his presence and strength so profoundly when I look out at the ocean in all its splendor.

We have been vacationing there ever since. This past year was our fourth year there. Last year my son got engaged at the beach. His future wife could not wait to go to the mailbox to leave all the details there in the journals.

Sunset Beach is a special place for our family. It is a place to rest and to reconnect with one another. I am looking forward to next year already.

No comments:

Post a Comment