Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Sunday Dinner: Cubed Steak

It has long been a family tradition to offer up the favorites that Sunday for the person celebrating a birthday. My beau, Chuck's birthday is this Wednesday. I knew chocolate cake was a given. He also requested cubed steak (here in the South) or chicken fried steak to the rest of the country. It is a long standing family favorite, especially for my son Ryan.

For the breading you need flour, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. There is no exact amount. I just sprinkle the spices into the flour. Dredge the cube steak in the mixture, coating both sides. Cook in a skillet with the bottom covered in oil. I like to cover mine, it makes it more tender. I usually turn it a couple of times, checking to be sure that it is cooked evenly.

We also had rice, gravy, green beans, macaroni and cheese, corn, and biscuits.

My grandson, Daniel fell asleep during dinner. He was clutching a green bean and a piece of macaroni. When he awoke, he smiled and then continued eating. Aren't kids wonderful?

And yes we often use paper plates. When you have more than a dozen people for dinner, paper is more practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment