Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Gift of Friendship

I first met Lisa in a theatre class. We were two of the mature students (over 20). We sat up front so that we could hear and see better. The class was actually held in the theatre so while the acoustics were great for a play, they were not so great for class. And our professor was soft spoken and nerds that we were, we wrote down almost every word he said during his lecture.

I had missed a couple of weeks because of my husband's illness and Lisa had graciously make copies of her notes for me. When I came back to class, she told me she had been praying for us. Then we got to talking about our churches. It only took a few minutes to realize that we were talking about the same church. How wonderful.

As part of the class, we had to attend a play. I was not really looking forward to seeing The Mikado, but it was part of our assignment. We met at the play and we were both equally surprised to find out how much we enjoyed it.

Sometimes Sunday mornings are tough. Mike and I always went to church together and then we would have lunch sometimes with family, sometimes with friends, but often with just each other. I miss Mike all the time, but Sundays were always special for us.

Since Mike passed, sometimes Lisa and I will have lunch together after church. Today was one of those days. As I was sitting across from her, I realized how wonderful it was for God to put such a special woman in my life. She in always quick to hug and offer encouragement. I'm so thankful that she is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment