Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Widow's Walk: Is it possible to love again?

Is it possible to love again?

I wondered about this, but I wanted what I had. My track record in love hasn't exactly been stellar and we'll leave it at that, but with Mike I finally had it right - a wonderful, mature, caring relationship. And I thought maybe that was all I could hope for.

After the first year, I went on a date. It was a disaster and it was painfully obvious that I was not ready, I had more healing to do. I repeated it again after the second year with similar results. And so I tried again after the third year mark. I posted an online profile and at first there was a lot of action. Of course most of the emails sounded like they had been sent through google translator.

I sent out a prayer asking for wisdom and protection. I went for weeks without emails. I'm old fashioned and I believe the guy should make the first move.

One Sunday morning, there was an email waiting for me from a man named Chuck. He was a Christian, non-smoker, social drinker, with a stable work history and from his picture I thought he had a really nice smile. We started talking. And then he asked me out on a date. We've had several since then. I look forward to his phone calls, texts, emails, and dates. He's really sweet, respectful, conscientious, and patient.

I emailed my in laws wondering what their response would be. They encouraged me to be happy and assured me that Mike would want the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment