Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Write Now: I Don't Have Time

I don't have enough time.

I despise hearing people say this.
You have time to watch television. You have time to Facebook. You have time to tweet. You have time to play video games. You have time to play with your smartphone... You see where I am going with this.

I got my syllabus for school for one of my English classes. And I am a little overwhelmed. We are supposed to read a newspaper daily. I hope after meeting with the professor, that I am not expected to read it cover to cover.

But I know from past classes, time management is key. If I don't manage my time wisely and keep up with my assignments, then I am overwhelmed and slogging through trying to catch up. I hate that feeling. The night before an assignment is due, I prefer to be double checking myself rather than desperately trying to complete it.

It is true that I only attend college part time, but I work full time; I have a novel in progress; I have a large family that I cook for on Sundays; I have a three day a week blogging schedule; I have two Bible studies and you would think maybe I could drop one, but they are both important for different reasons, and I've met a man. Whew. What have I gotten myself into?

But the reality is that this what I love. It forces me to focus, to be deliberate about my actions and how I spend my time. I came across this quote the other day. And while I'm not Michaelangelo, Jefferson, or Einstein - my time needs to be managed.

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
- H. Jackson Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment