Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday Dinner: Happy Birthday Casey

December is a big birthday month for my family. My daughter-in-law, Casey is on the 3rd. My son, Ryan and my brother, Murph share the 12th. My brother Dennis's is the day after Christmas on the 26th. His wife and my sister-in-law is New Year's Eve on the 31st. And of course we have Christmas in there too. I also have some great friends with December birthdays too. It is a busy month.

Casey loves chocolate. She is perfectly happy with just a simple boxed cake from the grocery store, but I wanted to do something special for her. When this post popped up on my Facebook page, I knew it was the one for her - a good ol' Southern Chocolate Coca Cola Cake.

If  you want the recipe I used pop on over to Sweet Tea and Cornbread's blog where you will find it. I have also posted it on my Pinterest board titled Sunday Dinner.

Birthdays were always a big deal to my Mama. She had a birthday banner she would put up on Sunday and she would make their favorite cake. She always insisted that we take a picture of everyone surrounding the cake and the person celebrating their birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment