Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Write Now: My Own Novel Writing Months

I failed at NaNoWrimo in Novemeber. I had all these great intentions, but I fell miserably short of my goal. I can make excuses. I was busy - school, work, family, and of course the list can go on and on.

With my fall classes complete, I am starting my own novel writing months. School does not begin again for me until February so I am going to focus on writing my novel in December and January. I will be checking back on Fridays with my word count for the week. Today is the first day and I will end it on February 1. My goal is to have my first draft completed and I may just do a little sharing along the way.

I also plan to read some great books this month: In the Garden of Stone by Susan Tekulve, Life After Life by Jill McCorkle, and A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. I know there will be others, but these are the three I am really looking forward to over Christmas break.

Please check back on Sunday as the month of birthdays continues - up next (December 12) my son, Ryan and my little brother, Murph.

No comments:

Post a Comment