Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday Dinner: Happy Birthday Ryan

My due date was November 26, 1986. Every week in November I would make the trip to the doctor's office for my checkup and the nurse would say, "This is probably the last time we'll see you before you deliver." She said this to me four times before it was true. My son was in no hurry. He arrived on December 12th - my little brother, Murph's birthday. Murph was only two years old and at times they were more like brothers than uncle and nephew. They went to high school together and Murph loved being called Uncle Murph in front of his classmates.

Birthdays were always huge to my Mama. She loved to make birthday cakes and of course there was always the requisite birthday picture with the cake. But this year, Ryan requested something different and of course as his Mama, I'm happy to do it for him. He wants peanut butter pie. Of course he always wants cubed steak, rice, gravy, and biscuits - and he'll have all of that because that's what Mamas do.

No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
• 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
• 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
• 1 cup Jif peanut butter (only choosy moms choose Jif)
• 1 cup milk
• 1 (16 oz) whipped topping
• 2 (9 in) chocolate prepared pie shells

Directions:
Beat together cream cheese and confectioner's sugar.
Mix in peanut butter and milk. Beat until smooth.
Fold in whipped topping.
Spoon in pie shells. Cover. Freeze until firm.

* I also like to drizzle chocolate syrup over the pie before serving.

Happy Birthday Ryan and Murph.

Murph, I'm sorry you're too far away to come and enjoy, but I'm sure Ellen will be doing something special for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment