Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sunday Dinner: Remembering Christmas Past

Today we celebrate another birthday, this time my sister-in-law, Danielle. She requested a Chocolate Coca Cola cake. I made one earlier this month for my daughter-in-law and it was a hit and I added it to the family favorite recipes.

On Christmas, my nephew woke up at 11:57, but this year Santa was smart - he wrapped all the presents. His parents sent him back to bed, where he had to wait until morning.

When we were little, my parents would put Dad's alarm clock in the bedroom I shared with my sister Dawn. We had strict orders not to get up until 6. I remember waking around 4 am and painfully watching each passing minute, until that magic moment when we could all run downstairs to see what Santa brought.

Light Bright - one of my favorite toys (Dawn, Connie, Randall)


Cowboys on bicycles (Dennis and Randall)
One year we all four got bicycles and we were outside Christmas morning in our pajamas riding up and down the street in front of our house.
Grandmother and Papa Rodgers
This picture was taken at Christmas at my Grandmother's house, the floor would be covered with torn wrapping paper. Grandmother would squeal and ooh and aah as she opened her gifts. Papa would grunt and occasionally smile.

Christmas was a magical time. We got wonderful presents. Christmas dinner was similar to Sunday Dinner, but bigger with more variety. I don't really remember the gifts, but the time we spent with family, going from house to house - seeing grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Christmas is about the birth of our Savior, he gave us life and he gave us family - the greatest gifts of all.


No comments:

Post a Comment