Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Dinner: Easy Baked Ziti

This is something that my Grandmother would have never done. Pasta for Sunday dinner? I doubt she would have complained. She might have laughed and I am sure I would have heard some story about pasta. I think her first experience with pasta involved Chef Boy Ar Dee.

I've had quite a bit on me the last few weeks with school just beginning to ramp up and now I have a beau and quite frankly I've just been enjoying spending time with him. So today I decided to take it easy on myself.

Easy Baked Ziti

1 lb. of ground beef'
1 lb. box of ziti
1 jar bottled spaghetti sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese

Brown ground beef. Drain oil off. Add bottled spaghetti sauce. Simmer.
Cook Ziti noodles according to package directions. Drain.

In casserole dish, put a light coating of sauce on the bottom of pan.
Add ziti noodles. Cover with pasta sauce and 1 cup of cheese. Blend together.
Top with remaining cheese.

Bake in oven at 350° for 35 minutes.

I usually make a large salad and of course lots of garlic bread.

My nephew, Ethan loved this last time I made it, but he is 10. We'll see how he reacts today. Last time he came back for seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment