Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Dinner: After Thanksgiving

Elizabeth and her Daddy (Dennis)
Thanksgiving has always been about being thankful for family. I am one of the lucky ones because I do have a wonderful family. Although my parents divorced when I was ten, I always knew that they loved us. My Mom would always tell us to act like we loved one another, which meant we needed to quit fighting and bickering. I have three wonderful brothers and I am thankful for each of them. And now our family has grown with relationships, marriages, and children. It is so strange to see characteristics of my parents, brothers, and sister in the next generation.
Ethan with his Mom (Danielle)
Thanksgiving day was beautiful and warm enough that nobody needed big jackets. We spent quite a bit of time outside, the trees still clinging to a few colorful leaves before winter arrives.


Ryan, Casey, James, Daniel, Amanda, Murph, Ellen
The family is so large that there is no way we could all fit at one table. We have two kids tables, one for the older kids and the younger kids.

Ellen, Murph, Randall
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without a little target practice afterwards. We're not really that redneck, but   it is fun to fill aluminum cans with water and watch them explode when a pellet hits them.

Typically Sunday dinner features leftovers from Thanksgiving, but since we went to my Dad's house, there weren't enough leftovers to serve today. I thought everybody might enjoy a nice change, so today is a Mexican fiesta. I'll serve seasoned ground beef and chicken, tortilla chips, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and cilantro where the family can make their own version of nachos or taco salad. And dessert will be a store bought cake that had four different kinds: raspberry, orange, chocolate, and apple.


No comments:

Post a Comment