Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Dinner: Thankful

Grandmother, Me, and Mom
Thanksgiving will be here soon and it is a time when most families get together and enjoy a big meal. Thanks to my Grandmother and Mom's legacy, my family does this just about every Sunday. It isn't so much about the food, although they do enjoy that. It is about being together.

Everyone is so busy during the week and Sunday is the time to take a break and spend a couple of hours together.

This weekend, there will not be an elaborate meal, at least for me to prepare. I'm doing something today that I know would make Grandmother howl will laughter and probably tease me about being lazy. I'll still prepare the usual vegetables and macaroni pie (macaroni and cheese), but I'm resorting to buying a couple of roasted chickens from the grocery store.

On Thanksgiving, I will be cooking most of the morning so I plan to take it easy today.

Today's menu: Roast chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, macaroni and cheese, Brown and Serve rolls, and orange cake. I'm expecting my kids and their families, my brothers and their families, and my Dad.

I am so thankful for the legacy my Grandmother and Mom have left to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment