Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Write Now: NaNoWriMo

Yesterday marked the first day of NaNoWriMo. What is that? November is National Novel Writing Month. The challenge is to write 50,000 words in one month. You just start and keep going. Your word count is your only goal.

I wrote 807 words yesterday and I was proud of myself.

But this morning in the shower, a new character appeared. She will not fit in my current novel in progress. I tried to make her, but she is just so unique and different and she has a story all her own. I'm not sure if there is enough there, but I'm going to move forward and see. I'll give her a few days and concentrate on her, which means my current novel in progress may go back in the box for a few days.

I just have this image and she keeps coming to my mind. I'll see if she makes it through the month or maybe she'll go in the box with other characters that are waiting to emerge in my work.

Each Friday, I will include my total word count for the previous week.

And for those of you participating, I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment